INGREDIENTS IN THE E-TEXTILES MIX:
- E-textiles Lab Pack from SparkFun
- conductive thread, needles, coin cell batteries, coin cell battery holders, sewable LEDs, and LilyTwinkles (sewable electronic microcontroller board)
- Bare Conductive Classroom Pack from SparkFun
- electric paint pens, greeting cards, coin cell batteries, LEDs
- Snap assortment - 30 pack
- Sewable LEDs
USING THE E-TEXTILES MIX:
Perfect for adding flashy, functional art to fabric, including clothing. Learn basic circuitry and basic sewing while creating bracelets, T-shirts, stuffed creatures, and cross-stitch designs that have a light-up element. Try Mixing it Up by adding this Mix Box to the Textiles Mix. Felt, fabric, embroidery thread, cross-stitch hoops, hot glue guns, and stuffing may need to be supplied.
PROGRAMS AND INSTRUCTIONS:
MKE Mixers is committed to making our content open and accessible, because we benefit from others who do the same. If you use anything, please attribute it. To get started, read up on How to Work with Conductive Thread and a Basic Overview of Circuitry. Also, check out this conductive thread tip video from Adafruit Industries.
Tutorials are CC BY-SA 4.0 by SparkFun